It’s that time of the year where we party hearty!
We have block parties, celebrate weddings, have family reunions and let’s not forget the barbecues!
To ensure your event runs smoothly, you need a plan. Along with the guest list and venue, you will need a budget.
For the event planner or the party planner at heart, you know this is vital. Money is the heart of any special occasion and it is what makes the event possible.
So for you newbies or veterans, we have some tips you can use to create your event budget:
- Guests: Make a list of the number of guests you plan to invite. This will determine your catering costs if you plan to cater the event.
- Location: Determine the location of the event. If it is a family reunion, using a relative’s home can save you money big time.
- Menu: Create the menu to suit the occasion. If it is a family gathering, have a potluck lunch or dinner.
- Decorations & Favours: Think about the theme, review the area and determine how much it would cost to transform your space. Think of fun and creative favours to give away while you’re at it. Purchase them in bulk.
- Rentals: Determine if you will be renting chairs, tables or cutlery. Some venues do not provide seating or utensils for eating.
With these in mind, you want to assign a cost to each category.
Once your budget is in place, you can go full steam ahead wtih your planning.
We would love to know how you budget for occasions such as these. Please share your comments with us below!
Congratulations! You’re getting married!
Now it’s onto planning your special day!
There’s so much that must be running through your minds as an engaged couple.
How many guests will we invite?
Where will we host the reception?
Who is a good decorator we can hire?
Where can we find an excellent photographer?
Do we travel for our honeymoon or do we honeymoon at a local hotel?
In the midst of the questioning, we know it can be challenging to strike a balance between the dream wedding and the real wedding. We all desire a wedding, where we can serve three course meals and invite all of our families and friends.
The reality is our pockets won’t not be able afford what we dream of, but we can become creative, custom design our wedding day and do what is possible.
To aid you in your planning, we have some useful tips:
- The truth is, catering will be one of the biggest expenses. To determine the amount of guests you can manage comfortably as a couple, simply multiply the proposed number of guests by the cost per head.
- There are some venues that not only provide the space for the reception, but also provide the catering and decoration. Check your local listings.
- If you can’t afford to have a reception, then don’t have one. It’s actually trendy these days. Some couples have a garden wedding, light refreshments and set off into the sunset together on their honeymoon.
- Along with the bridal registry, give your guests the option of giving monetary gifts. This will provide ease in selecting their gift.
- Opt to have a ‘staycation’ for your honeymoon. If your budget does not allow you to travel, don’t sweat it. You will have a fabulous time!
Remember, the wedding day is a memorable day to be shared by you two.
Have a Beautiful Day!