Congratulations! You’re getting married!
There’s so much that must be running through your minds as an engaged couple.
How many guests will we invite?
Where will we host the reception?
Who is a good decorator we can hire?
Where can we find an excellent photographer?
Do we travel for our honeymoon or do we honeymoon at a local hotel?
In the midst of the questioning, we know it can be challenging to strike a balance between the dream wedding and the real wedding. We all desire a wedding, where we can serve three course meals and invite all of our families and friends.
The reality is our pockets won’t not be able afford what we dream of, but we can become creative, custom design our wedding day and do what is possible.
To aid you in your planning, we have some useful tips:
- The truth is, catering will be one of the biggest expenses. To determine the amount of guests you can manage comfortably as a couple, simply multiply the proposed number of guests by the cost per head.
- There are some venues that not only provide the space for the reception, but also provide the catering and decoration. Check your local listings.
- If you can’t afford to have a reception, then don’t have one. It’s actually trendy these days. Some couples have a garden wedding, light refreshments and set off into the sunset together on their honeymoon.
- Along with the bridal registry, give your guests the option of giving monetary gifts. This will provide ease in selecting their gift.
- Opt to have a ‘staycation’ for your honeymoon. If your budget does not allow you to travel, don’t sweat it. You will have a fabulous time!
Remember, the wedding day is a memorable day to be shared by you two.
Have a Beautiful Day!