Congratulations! You’re getting married!
There’s so much that must be running through your minds as an engaged couple.
How many guests would we invite?
Where will we host the reception?
Who is a good decorator we could hire?
Where could we find an excellent photographer?
Should we travel for our honeymoon or should we honeymoon at a local hotel?
In the midst of this questioning, we know it could be challenging to strike a balance between the dream wedding and the real wedding. We all desire a wedding, we could pull out all the stops, serve three course meals and invite all of our families and friends.
The reality is, our pockets wouldn’t be able afford what we dream of, but we could become creative, custom design our wedding day and do what is possible.
To aid you in your planning, we have some useful tips:
- The truth is, catering will be one of the biggest expenses. To determine the amount of guests you can manage comfortably as a couple, simply multiply the proposed number of guests by the cost per head.
- There are some venues that not only provide the space for the reception, but also provide catering and decorating services. Check your local listings.
- If you can’t afford to have a reception, then don’t have one. It’s actually trendy these days. Some couples have a garden wedding, light refreshments and set off into the sunset (on a cruise) together on their honeymoon.
- Along with the bridal registry, give your guests the option of giving monetary gifts. This will provide them ease in selecting their gift.
- If your budget does not allow you to travel, don’t sweat it. Opt to have a ‘staycation’ for your honeymoon.
When your guests have left and wished you well, real life comes right after and that’s where discipline must continue for the both of you as a couple. Why not get prepared while planning your wedding. Challenge yourselves to not go in the red and stick to your budget.
Remember, the aim is to live life #intheblack before your wedding and the life after.
Melinda Belle is the visionary and founder of Astrape (As-strap-pay) Finance, the caring, knowledgeable, trustworthy, financial company guiding you to financial stability and prosperity through education, sound planning and advice. Melinda sees her role as that of an architect and is committed to the shaping of financial landscapes of businesses. She also crosses over to the personal side of finance, teaching families and individuals to manage their money and create wealth.
She is also the author of My Money & Me. A book which takes a closer look at how your behaviour affects the way you manage your money. (www.astrapefinance.com)
EMAIL her at: email@example.com
FOLLOW her on Twitter:www.twitter.com/MelindaLBelle
FOLLOW her on Instagram:
LIKE her Facebook Page:www.facebook.com/AstrapeFinance